Monday, March 17, 2008

March 14, 2008

After a morning of work, and waiting for UPS to deliver a couple of pairs of shoes to replace my beat footwear – I drove up the California coast for the second time on this trip. I got to Lance’s building and having learned from my parking challenges last time, parked immediately in a spot where it was legal to park overnight, but required feeding a meter the next morning. I decided to let Saturday Mack figure that out and locked up the vehicle.

Lance had a full evening planned, but required me to put on ‘LA Dress Up’ clothing. I don’t have ‘nice jeans’ and my ‘blazer’ is attached to a suit that I wouldn’t consider fashionable, so I put on a pair of pants with a cuff and a shirt with more than three buttons. We started with dinner at Pete’s Café & Bar, a short walk from his apartment downtown. We both had beef dishes and neither of us were disappointed at all.

After dinner Lance drove us to another part of town to a club called Blue Velvet where an event to support an Asian Pacific Women’s / Family Charity. There didn’t seem to be too much focus on the charity, but it was a really crowded place with a beautiful pool, outdoor seating by a few fireplaces, and an amazing bathroom that was outmatched by the large number of people consuming large numbers of drinks. We did catch up with Tia, Hoai (ref 1/31) and another friend Genevieve. After leaving Blue Velvet I twisted my ankle slightly so I managed to get Lance into a dive bar named Monty where I nursed it back to health with a drink, but a full bladder was safer than a trip to the restroom.

Pics: all in my mind

Today Miles: 123; Trip Miles: 11,004
Starting Point: San Diego, CA
Ending Point: Los Angeles, CA
Rest area nap: 25 minutes
Route: 805N, 5N

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of your friends... or a character on "Big Bang Theory" ...would know this figure in detail; but Secondbrother's public education in an ordinary school failed him/me-- Brian is closing in on the distance equal to the circumference of the Earth. What is the exact matching distance? I want a picture at that spot.