Monday, March 17, 2008

March 15, 2008


Lance and I slept late as a result of the shenanigans of Friday Mack and Lance respectively. I got up a little while before Chris so I went down and put money in the meter, and removed the ticket from under the wiper. A cup of coffee and a bagel later, I went and Lance was just getting up and grumbling about how I snore (I think he is just hyper sensitive). So we went over to the border between mexico town and korea town for the best pastrami sandwich I have ever had – at Langer’s.

We planned on having brunch and then I was going to head out – but we were duped into hanging out in little mexico and the nearby area for over three hours waiting for photos to be developed. I didn’t get on the road until almost 5pm when a thunderstorm came through and snarled the traffic. What almost made it worthwhile – when I got east of the city and into the mountains, the higher elevations were blanketed in a thin layer of snow. There were dozens of cars pulling over on the interstate to look at, touch, and make balls with, the snow.

Pics: a) Glamer Shots; b) Handling business; c) Secret photo at Mak’s coffee shop; d) Lance self-photo


Today Miles: 194; Trip Miles: 11,200
Starting Point: Los Angeles, CA
Ending Point: Baker, CA
Route: 110E, 10E, 605N, 210E, 15N
Cost of a Parking Ticket in Los Angeles: $40.00
Citation: 2015321210
Number of States Visited: 22
Number of Parking Tickets in California: 2
Number of Parking Tickets all other states combined: 0
Other things that Cost $40.00: Poorly made Fake ID’s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can testify that both the older and younger brothers (the odd sones- 1st and 3rd) snorzzz. Loud and consistent. Not to be confused with heavy breathing. But so did their Grandparents.

They both deny this