Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15, 2009

So, a couple of weeks ago I enjoyed a really good apple. I think it was a pink lady or a braeburn. It was so good that when I was done I had eaten every bit that was not seed or stem. It was so good that after I threw the stem in my compost pile, I went ahead and planted two seeds from that apple in a little pot that was sitting on my kitchen table. Whaddaya know? They both grew!

I’ll go ahead an foster them both until I have to choose the stronger – and let it grow to the capacity of this little pot. I’ll upgrade him one time to a bigger pot by which time hopefully he will be tree like, and by that time I will know a place where he can be planted and not eaten by deer or mowed my me.

It is april showers and all the flowers and other potting projects I have going on (cherry tomatoes and basil) are getting some nature.

No comments: