Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 8 – 12, 2009

So I seem to work with, drink with, and be related to a disproportionate number of attorneys. To see what it is all about, I went ahead and took the LSAT on Monday June 8th. It was as hard as they say it is – so I’m pretty sure I don’t have to make any plans to apply to Harvard. It will be three weeks before the scores are ready anyway so I should go ahead and keep on trucking.
Speaking of trucking – it is the annual retreat to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. My family has been going every year for about thirty years. Now that my brothers and I are older and the family has grown, we have two time share units at the Island Club. Because of the aforementioned activity on Monday, it was Tuesday before I got on the road, and the vacation was almost half over before it even began for me. So instead of tennis and/or golf I did naught but drink beer and loaf.

I guess I didn’t mention it – this is actually the start of a new road trip. Instead of flying to Iowa, I’m going to drive it and visit some places I didn’t get to visit last year.

Pics: a) the beast; b) the junk in my trunk; c) Spanish Moss really looks the way it did on Scooby Doo!



Day Miles: 583
Trip Miles: 583
Price of gas in Wilson, NC: $2.35
Price of gas in Ridgeland, SC: $2.59
Distance ‘tween: 287
Average MPG: 15.667
Luggage in the bed: all
Thunderstorms: 3

No comments: