Friday, February 22, 2008

February 18-19, 2008

February 18-19, 2008

These were a couple non-travel days. I worked from the comfort of Kerry’s house in Kansas City and from the local library – where the wi-fi was solid and there are even loaner laptops for visiting patrons!

Kerry and I even went back to PotPie to see James play the accordion again; by coincidence I was in town again for his monthly session. Unfortunately, however, James called in sick! But I can’t blame him, after another good dinner, I went right to bed when we got back to Kerry’s house, because I too was starting to feel under the weather.

Getting sick stinks: By this point, I know when I am going to get sick. It isn’t just the sore from exercise, it is aches in the small of the back and in the hips that don’t come from normal muscle use. I went to bed early and read about a third of the book I’ve been working through (‘disgrace’ by J.M. Coetzee). Over the course of the night my fever kicked in and woke me up periodically – in the spirit of the blog I went ahead and took notes on my neurosis during the fever, but after reading my notes, realized that I don’t know who is reading this, and I don’t need my future employer hiring me merely because I was a future alibi-as-mentally-deficient in the making.

Green Machine Ingredients: Apple Juice, Mango Puree, Pineapple Juice, Banana Pureee, Kiwifruit Puree, Green Machine Mix (spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, gree tea extract, spinach, barley grass, wheat grass, blue green algae, echinacea purpurea extract, odorless garlic), natural flavor.

No comments: