Friday, February 29, 2008

February 28, 2008

Breakfast was so good yesterday, I did it again. Then I headed north through the desert until, at Silver City, NM the elevations started increasing and so did topographical changes. Gila and Apache National Forests abut at the border between NM and AZ.

I lived in Phoenix for a year (’96-97) but never saw the desert in bloom during that period. The hills were covered with non-brown colors – in one area, the north face of each hill was a different shade of yellow or orange as it was covered with wildflowers. It made me question my recognition of the city as I drove in.

I’m staying with David and his father for a few days (and waiting the arrival of lance on friday) – the three of us made a trip to costco and got enough vegetables and meats to last weeks, so we grilled and ate outside by the pool.

Pic/Map: Didn't I see this road in a mazda (zoom zoom) commercial?



Forensics
Today Miles: 334; Trip Miles: 10,407
Starting: Deming, NM
Ending: Fountain Hills, AZ
Route: 180N, 78W, 191S, 70W, 60W, 182ndN, 87N
Longest Coast: 4mi
If I had a bar at the foot of Pinal Mountain: S. Pinal Tap
Location of that joke: Tonto National Forest

No comments: